Friday, November 14, 2008

I hate wearing shoes

It's true. I hate wearing shoes. It's as simple as that. While I love the cold weather because it means I can wear my hoodies more often, I hate that I must retire my flip flops.

At my previous office, I was teased on multiple occassions for wearing sandals in "cold" weather. I don't think people understand the impact of living in Southeast Idaho for four years. People in North Carolina don't know what cold is. I remember there was a guy in one of my college classes that had a competition going with a friend so see who could wear sandals the entire school year. I don't know who won but I know that he was hating life on days that he had to trudge through a foot of snow to get to class. As long as there is no snow on the ground, you'll probably see me in sandals. Although, sometimes you will see me in clogs. I find that they are winter's compromise to the sandal.

Call me immature. Call me lazy. Call me stupid. Whatever. To me, the advantages of sandals far outweigh the disadvantages of cold weather. I have four toe-rings. I will admit. Life is easier wearing sandals when you have
four toe-rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Come Again Soon!