Friday, June 13, 2008

In keeping an open mind...

I feel the need to add a follow-up post to my previous post on music. I like to go about life feeling that I've given things a fair chance before I write them off. It's why I tend to finish books I don't like, stay in a job where I'm not happy, and continue to eat olives. That being said, I have been listening to the new Coldplay CD nonstop for two days. Conclusion? I really like it! I could listen to "Strawberry Swing" over and over. In fact, I have. I was told that this album is a different style for them and I'm okay with that. In the past, Coldplay songs for me have been somewhat forgettable. There was nothing that really jumped out and grabbed my ears. This album is very musical and very dynamic and grabs my attention and keeps it. I don't plan on covering my wall in Coldplay pin-ups any time soon and I still don't like the U2 comparisons, but I am growing into a fan. If you need me, I'll be over there eating my words.

1 comment:

  1. We love Cold play...I didn't like their first cd as much as I do the others. We both have x & y in our cars and I love most of the songs on there, and I haven't heard much from their new cd but I did get to listen to Viva la vida and LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog

Come Again Soon!