Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Completely Pointless Post of the Week

Please enjoy the following pointless material while substantial blogging content is being processed.....








I started watching this video and began tearing up as I found renewed force to conquer the world. And also get to work on time.


Fun
Link: http://www.onesentence.org/ "True stories, told in one sentence." If you don't want to go to the link, here are a few examples: (got any of your own???)

When I was 5 or so my mom would tell me to lie down before she tied my tie and I just now realized at the age of 19 that she did this because she's a funeral director.

As you were breaking up with me, all I could think about were those mornings when you compared the Pop-Tarts and gave me the one with more frosting.

I only realized how strange my life was when I received a full scholarship for having a father in prison for murder.

My cat challenged me to a game of "Guess Where I Pooped Before You Step In It" and I lost.

Today you shaved your hair into a mohawk to make my mom laugh over losing hers to chemo and today I realized that you are my hero.

My 8-year-old sister proudly declared that she knows that "WTF" means "Wow, That's Funny" and has been using it all over the internet.
I married my husband on our first date, but it has taken me more than 5 years to decide what colour to paint our dining room.


And finally....

For those that love LOST, this list should get a few chuckles. There are more but I just took the main characters.

Sawyer's Nicknames:

Jack- Hero, Doc, Jacko, St. Jack, Jack-Ass, Chico, Cowboy,Dr. Quinn, Dr. Do-Right, Sheriff, Brother, Hoss,El Jacko, Amarillo Slim, Cool Hand, Dr. Giggles,Daniel Boone

Kate - Freckles, Shortcake, Sweetheart, Belle of the Ball, Sheriff, Baby, Sassafras, Boar Expert, The Mighty Huntress, Hon, Girl, The Lady, Sweetcheeks, Puddin', Sheena, Thelma, Pippi Longstocking, Little Lady, Honey, Magellan, Kiddo

Hurley - Lardo, Pork Pie, Stay-Puff, Pillsbury, Jabba, Hoss, Jethro, Rerun, Babar, Hammo, Mutton Chop, Mongo, Deep Dish, Grape Ape, Snuffy, Jumbotron, Blockhead, Ese, International House of Pancakes, Avalanche, Grimace

Sayid - Abdul, Al Jazeera, Omar, Captain Falafel, Mohammed, Boss, Ali, Arab, Abu, Genius, Sheik, Buddy, The Terrorist, Chief, Gen-u-ine I-raqi, Red Beret, Captain A-rab

Lock - Mr. Clean, Daniel Boone, Gandhi, Hoss, Brutus, Tarzan, Johnny Boy, Johnny Locke, Bald Bastard, Gimpy McCrutch

Sun - Betty, Tokyo Rose, Sunshine, Sweetheart, Hidden Dragon, Madame Butterfly

Jin - Mr. Miyagi, Bruce, Chief, Cato, Sulu, Boy, Chewie, Daddy-O, Papa-san, Jin-bo, Crouching Tiger

Charlie - Sport, Amigo, Rock God, VH1 Has-Been, Limey Runt, Chucky, Tattoo, Baby-Napper, Oliver Twist, Munchkin, Jiminy Cricket

2 comments:

  1. I love the one sentence website! Joel told me that Hemingway once bet that he could write a story in 6 words. Hemingway won with the story, "Baby shoes: for sale. Never worn." Here are more 6-word stories: http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.11/sixwords.html Pretty interesting!

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog

Come Again Soon!