Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Things to look forward to

Ever since the start of the new year, life has been quite busy. I started the new year with some goals. One of those being to maximize my work time by doing only work things. Novel idea isn't it? My other time hog has been wedding plans. Between the two, I have clearly been neglecting my blog. I currently have six posts in draft stages. I started a thought and then never completed it. In an effort to catch up and clean out by draft blogs, I am going to dump them all on here in the next few days. If you like them, that's fine. If not, that's fine too.

One of my drafts is here. Over the last few years I've become less interested in the movies that are coming out. I can't figure out if it's me or if no one can seem to put out a decent movie. I'd like to think it's a combination of the two. I have heard some buzz of upcoming movies so I decided to do a little research into the coming 2009 movie season. Below is a list of movies that I am actually looking forward to for this year. This isn't all of them nor are they in order of importance but just the ones I wanted to make into a list.

Sherlock Holmes (left) - Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock and Jude Law as Watson. A new take on a classic story.

Time Traveler's Wife - I absolutely loved this book. I like Eric Bana. I like Rachel McAdams. Therefore I'm really excited for this movie. The concept blows my mind to read so I'm curious to see how it will be conveyed on screen.

Lovely Bones - Another book I've read being made into a movie. Peter Jackson is directing. The cast is pretty stellar and there is already talk that this will be a contender in next year's awards.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - This has the potential to be very bad but also very cool. Hugh Jackman and I occasionally vacation together so I feel I owe it to our friendship to see his movies.

Star Trek - I am not a trekkie nor do I have any intention on becoming one. This just seems like it could be a great remake.

Tansformers: Revenge of the Fallen - I feel like I'm 10 years old when I watch these. It's great. I am naming my first born son after Shia Lebouf.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - I am nearly brought to tears whenever I watch the trailer. Anyone who wants to see the midnight showing of this, I'm game.

Where the Wild Things Are - Adaptation of the popular and imaginative children's story. With a screenplay by Dave Eggers, one is bound to be intrigued.

New Moon - I read the books. Plus (as you can see from others on this list) I enjoy seeing a movie made from a book that I've read.

GI Joe - What child of the 80's wouldn't be looking forward to a big screen movie of GI Joe!? Plus it has Mr. Echo from LOST as one of the army dudes.

Fast and Furious - Ok. So kind of, but not really. I am glad the original cast is back. But I am mainly tickled by the title. Anyone who has followed The Fast and The Furious series knows there was the original (2001), then 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003), followed by The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006). I know what you're thinking, this one is #4, why isn't the name different? Oh, but it is. Look carefully. The 2009 installment of the series has dropped the "the's" from the title. Now I'm totally psyched.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! and now I have a list of movies I wanna see too! I am totally psyched about GI Joe AND Where the Wild Things Are! WOOHOO. The first one on my list though is He's just not that into you, it looks fantastically funny.

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog

Come Again Soon!