Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy Independence Day!

In honor of our nation's Independence Day, I have decided to create a little quiz. Some of you may know that I studied history in college and still LOVE it to this day. One my life goals is actually to visit Gettysburg over the 4th of July to see the Civil War reinactments. (The anniversary of the battle at Gettysburg is celebrated July 1-3). This year, I am going to Tennessee and going rafting and camping. This will be my second white-water rafting trip on the 4th of July. I am somewhat sad that we'll be camping on Friday night instead of watching a fireworks display. Maybe we'll just throw batteries in the camp fire.


  1. Who ruled England during the time of the American Revolution?


  2. Elizabeth II
    George II
    George III


  3. Which of the following was not one of the original thirteen colonies?


  4. Massachusetts
    Vermont
    South Carolina


  5. Which of the following European powers did not fight on the side of the colonists?


  6. Germany
    Spain
    The Netherlands


  7. Which governing body was responsible for the Declaration of Independence?


  8. Congress of the Confederation
    First Continental Congress
    Second Continental Congress


  9. Who is credited for writing the final draft of the D of I?


  10. Thomas Jefferson
    John Adams
    John Hancock


  11. The US is the only country to have issued an official "Declaration of Independence."


  12. True
    False


  13. On July 4, 1776, the Declaration of Independence was signed by how many individuals?


  14. 1
    56
    none


  15. Which of the following did NOT sign the Declaration of Independence?


  16. Thomas Jefferson
    Benjamin Franklin
    George Washington


  17. Which national athletic team is named after our nation's independence day?


  18. New York Knickerbockers
    Philadelphia Phillies
    Philadelphia Sixers


  19. The famous first words of the D of I are...


  20. "Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation..."
    "When in the course of human events... "
    "We the people of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union..."



5 comments:

  1. I'm scared to take the quiz and find out how dumb I am....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so what's the answer to 7 because I was pretty sure I got that one right :-/ Darn my lack of good memory. I've had like two classes about that time period you'd think I'd remember it all LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a bit tricky... look it up in Wikipedia. Hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. so, i think i did pretty good... 6/10... that's totally a D in the educational world, but i'm not really a history guru.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i got 6/10 as well. But I'm really happy about that score because I just guessed, so i suppose I beat the odds.

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog

Come Again Soon!